Product line: wireless question category: function config
This article will guide you how to setup Tenda FH456 client+AP function and the steps as below.
Part 1: Login the homepage of the router
Part 2: Enable client+AP function
The Topology is as below:
Note: The LAN IP address should be in the same network segment,but different IP. For example, the uplink router has the LAN IP 192.168.0.1, then the secondary router’s LAN IP must be 192.168.0.X, X=2~254)
1. Login to the management page of the router. Open a browser then type 192.168.0.1 in the Address bar, click on Enter.
1. Click Bridge and then choose Client+AP, select your uplink router’s SSID, input uplink router’s wireless security key, click OK to save all the settings and the router will be reboot automatically.
1. Connect your PC to this Tenda wireless router via a wired or wireless connection and set it to "Obtain an IP address automatically".
2. Wait until your PC successfully obtains an IP address.
3.Click Start ->RUN;
4. Enter cmd and click OK.
5. Enter "ping default gateway IP address”. Here in this example, enter "ping 192.168.0.1" and press Enter. If you see a similar screen (highlighted area), the bridge is established successfully.
Notice：If you have other PC need to be get connected, please connect it to the one of the LAN port or the wireless signal of the router. There is no need to configure the router again.